The Development of Sin
1. What became plain in the first two children that God gave Adam and Eve?
That wicked Cain was of the seed of the serpent and righteous Abel was of the seed of the woman.
2. How did Abel show that he was of the seed of the woman?
By faith he sacrificed a lamb to God. Genesis 4:4
3. How did Cain show that he was of the seed of the serpent?
He slew righteous Abel who loved God. Genesis 4:8
4. What was Satan’s purpose in the killing of Abel?
Satan attempted to keep Christ from being born.
5. How did God continue the seed of the woman after Abel’s death?
God gave Adam and Eve another God-fearing son, whom they called Seth. Genesis 4:25
6. Did the wickedness of the seed of the serpent manifest itself again?
It surely did, for the wickedness of man was great in the earth. Genesis 6:5
7. How great was this wickedness of man?
Every imagination of the thoughts of man’s heart was only evil continually. Genesis 6:5
8. Can you mention a man of Cain’s generation who showed himself to be of the seed of the serpent?
Yes, wicked Lamech who boasted to his two wives of having killed a man. Genesis 4:23
9. Mention one of Seth’s generations who was of the seed of the woman.
Enoch, who walked with God. Genesis 5:24
10. Did the seed of the woman serve God in their own strength?
No, “It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13