God’s Mercy Upon the Captives
1. Which prophecy was written during the captivity?
The Book of Daniel, which speaks of the coming of Christ’s kingdom.
2. How did God show the coming of this kingdom to Nebuchadnezzar?
Through a dream of a great image that was destroyed. Daniel 2
3. What did this image represent?
The kingdoms of this world of which Nebuchadnezzar was the head.
4. How was this image destroyed?
By a stone, which represents the kingdom of Christ.
5. Did Daniel’s three friends suffer for their faith in this kingdom?
Yes, they were cast into the fiery furnace when they refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar’s image. Daniel 3
6. How did God protect these three friends?
He sent His angel who walked with them in the furnace.
7. How did God reveal to Belshazzar the fall of Babylon?
By the handwriting on the wall, which Daniel interpreted. Daniel 5
8. How was Daniel protected from his enemies?
God spared his life in a den of lions. Daniel 6
9. How did God deliver His people out of the captivity?
After seventy years God called King Cyrus to let the people return to Jerusalem. Ezra 1: 1, 2
10. Did all the Jews return to Jerusalem from the captivity?
No, many of the Jews were satisfied to remain in Babylon.