Jesus’ Third Galilean Tour
Mark 6:35ff.; John 6
1. What marks the beginning of the third Galilean tour?
Jesus sent out the twelve apostles to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matt. 10
2. What was told Jesus at this time?
That John the Baptist had been beheaded in prison. Matt. 14:3-12
3. What miracle did Jesus perform near Capernaum?
He fed five thousand men with five loaves and two fishes. John 6:1-13
4. What is the result of the miracle of the feeding of the 5,000?
The multitude became enthusiastic, and wanted to force Jesus to be their earthly king.
5. What did Jesus point out to those who would make Him king?
That He is the Bread of Life, and that His kingdom is not of this world.
6. Did the multitude desire Jesus as the Bread of Life?
No, they turned back and walked no more with Him. John 6:66
7. How did Jesus explain the fact that many rejected Him?
He said, “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him.” John 6:44
8. Where did Jesus go after this rejection?
He left Galilee and went to the border of Tyre and Sidon to heal the daughter of a Syro-Phoenician woman.
9. What did Jesus teach His disciples by this visit to Sidon?
That after Israel rejected Jesus, He would gather His people from the Gentiles.
10. What remarkable confession did Peter make in Caesarea Philippi?
“Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matt. 16:16