Jesus’ First Galilean Tour
Mark 2, Luke 4, 5
1. What did Jesus teach in the synagogue at Nazareth?
That He was the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy of the Lord’s Anointed. Luke 4
2. Did the people of Nazareth believe His preaching?
No, they were offended and tried to kill Jesus.
3. Of what is the rejection of Jesus in Nazareth a proof?
That Jesus came unto His own, and His own received Him not. John 1:11
4. Where did Jesus go from Nazareth?
He went to Capernaum, which was the center of His labors for a long time. Matt. 4:13
5. What took place in Capernaum?
He healed the sick, and even cast out devils. Luke 4:40, 41
6. What did Jesus do at the Sea of Galilee?
He gave the sign of the wonderful catch of fishes, and called His disciples to be fishers of men. Luke 5:1-11
7. What is the meaning of this miracle of the catch of fishes?
That the Son of God gathers His church by His Spirit and Word. Lord’s Day 21, Qu. 54
8. Why did Jesus heal a man sick of the palsy?
To show that the Son of Man had power on earth to forgive sins. Luke 5:18-26
9. Who were the Pharisees?
A sect of the Jews, who sought salvation by the works of the law.
10. What does Jesus say to those who trusted in themselves that they were righteous?
“I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Mark. 2:17