Jesus’ Ministry in Judea and Samaria
1. What was the first miracle Jesus performed?
He changed water into wine at Cana of Galilee. John 2
2. What are miracles?
Miracles are signs of the wonderful grace of God in Christ Jesus.
3. What did the miracles of Jesus show?
They showed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
4. Where did Jesus spend the first year of His ministry?
Mainly in Judea, where He labored about ten months.
5. What did Jesus do in Jerusalem when He visited the temple?
He drove out the buyers and sellers from the temple. John 2:13-17
6. What sign did Jesus give the Jews to show His authority?
John 2:19b, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
7. What did Jesus tell Nicodemus is necessary to enter the kingdom of heaven?
Regeneration: “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
8. What is the main thought in Jesus’ conversation with the Samaritan woman?
That He is the water of life because He is the Christ. John 4:14
9. What was the effect of Jesus’ labors among the Samaritans?
Many of the Samaritans believed in Him. John 4:42
10. What did the faith of the Samaritans foretell?
That Jesus would be rejected by the Jews but received by the Gentiles.