Matthew 21, Mark 11, Luke 19, John 13
1,. Of what was Jesus’ royal entry into Jerusalem a sign?
That as the King Jesus would enter His kingdom as a humble servant.
2. What is the significance of the second cleansing of the temple?
It is a sign that Jesus came to cleanse the spiritual house of God of all its sin.
3. What is the importance of the Tuesday of Passion Week?
It was the last day of Jesus’ public ministry, in which He spoke much of His second coming and of the final judgment.
4. What happened on Wednesday?
Jesus privately instructed His disciples, and Judas plotted with the chief priests to betray Jesus.
5. What was the meaning of the foot-washing at the Last Supper?
It was a sign that Christ humbled Himself as a servant to wash His people in His blood.
6. What lesson did Jesus teach us by washing the disciples’ feet?
That we must serve one another because we are washed in His blood.
7. Did Jesus’ enemies intend to kill Jesus publicly at this time?
No, they intended to kill Him secretly, and not on the feast day.
8. How did Jesus force the Jews to act immediately?
He dismissed Judas, saying to him, “That thou doest, do quickly.” John 13:27
9. What did Jesus do after the dismissal of Judas?
He instituted the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper.
10. What are the signs of this sacrament?
The broken bread and the poured out wine as signs Christ’s broken body and shed blood.