Israel in Bondage
1. Did God care for Joseph in Egypt?
Yes, first in Potiphar’s house, then in prison, and finally as chief ruler of Egypt.
2. Did Joseph see his brothers again?
Yes, when they came to Egypt to buy corn of him during the seven years of famine.
3. What happened when Pharaoh heard about Joseph’s father and brothers?
He sent wagons to bring them to Egypt, and gave them the land of Goshen to dwell in.
4. What did Jacob do before he died?
He blessed his sons and the two sons of Joseph.
5. What did both Jacob and Joseph foretell about Israel?
That God would deliver them from Egypt and bring them to Canaan.
6. Which book of the Bible tells of Israel’s slavery and deliverance?
The book of Exodus, which means “going out.”
7. What happened to Israel after Joseph’s death?
A new Pharaoh tried to destroy them.
8. How did he afflict the Israelites?
He made them slaves, and commanded the baby boys to be killed.
9. What did the Israelites do in their trouble?
They cried to the Lord for deliverance.
10. How did the Lord care for His people in bondage?
The more they were afflicted, the more they multiplied and grew.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:15, 16