1. Who were Abraham’s first two sons?
Ishmael, the son of Hagar, and Isaac, the son of Sarah.
2. Did God also establish His covenant with Ishmael?
No, only with Isaac, the child of the promise.
3. What became of Ishmael?
When he mocked Isaac, God commanded Abraham to send Ishmael and Hagar away.
4. How did God try Abraham’s faith when Isaac was a lad?
God commanded him to offer up his only son Isaac on Mt. Moriah.
5. Did Abraham obey?
Yes, for he believed that God was able to raise Isaac from the dead.
6. Whom did Isaac marry?
Rebekah, a God-fearing wife, brought from Haran by Abraham’s chief servant.
7. Why did Abraham send to Haran to get a wife for Isaac?
Because he did not want Isaac to have a wife from the Canaanites.
8. Did Isaac and Rebekah have any children?
Not at first, but God heard their prayer and gave them twins, Esau and Jacob.
9. Which of these two was a child of the promise?
The younger son, Jacob, whom God loved.
10. How did Esau show that he was wicked?
He sold his birthright, married wives from the Canaanites, and sought to kill Jacob.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:11, 12