1. From what place did God call Abraham?
God first brought him from Ur of Chaldees, and later called him to leave Haran.
2. What did God tell Abraham?
“Get thee out of thy country . . . unto a land that I will show thee.” Genesis 12:1
3. Did Abraham obey?
Yes, by faith Abraham obeyed, and went to live as a stranger in the land of Canaan.
4. When did God call Abraham?
About the year 1920 B.C.
5. Who went with Abraham?
His nephew Lot, who later quarreled with Abraham and chose to live in Sodom.
6. Whom did Abraham meet when he delivered Lot from the king of Elam?
Melchizedek, king of Salem, and priest of the most high God.
7. What became of the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah?
God destroyed them with fire and brimstone, but rescued Lot and his family.
8. What did God promise Abraham?
God promised to make of Abraham a great nation, and promised to give to his seed the land of Canaan.
9. Did Abraham have any children at this time?
No, but he believed God’s promise.
10. What wonderful promise did God give Abraham and Sarah in their old age?
He promised a son, Isaac, with whom He would establish His covenant.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:9, 10