1. How did God destroy the first world?
By a terrible flood, in which the whole world of the ungodly perished.
2. How great was the flood?
The flood covered the whole earth, and all flesh was destroyed.
3. Did this flood come through an ordinary rain?
No, it was a wonder; for the windows of heaven were opened, and the fountains of the great deep were broken up.
4. When did God announce this judgment?
One hundred twenty years beforehand, in which time Noah built the ark and preached righteousness.
5. Whom did God save in the ark?
Noah and his family and a few of every kind of animals.
6. Why did God save Noah and his family?
Because Noah walked with God and was righteous in a world filled with wickedness.
7. How long did the flood last?
The water prevailed for 150 days, and Noah had to stay in the ark for a year and ten days.
8. What did God tell Noah after the flood?
“And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you, and with every living creature that is with you.” Genesis 9:9, 10
9. What sign did the Lord give Noah of this covenant?
The sign of the rainbow in the cloud. About 2350 B.C.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:6, 7