The Growth of Sin
1. How did sin show itself immediately in the family of Adam and Eve?
Cain hated and killed his brother Abel, who was a believing child of God.
2. Whom did God give in Abel’s place?
The God-fearing Seth, whose descendants were called “the sons of God.”
3. Did wickedness continue to grow in the world?
Yes, Cain’s children followed him in sin, and the world became more and more wicked.
4. What was one thing that helped the fast growth of wickedness?
The descendants of Cain were the great and mighty men of the world, and were also great in wickedness .
5. Can you name some of these great men?
Yes, the Bible mentions especially the murderer Lamech, and his three sons, Jabal, Jubal, and Tubal-cain.
6. Was there something else that helped this fast growth of sin?
Yes, before the flood men lived to be more than 900 years old.
7. But were all the descendants of Seth God-fearing?
By no means; many married Cain’s children, while only a few served the Lord.
8. Mention one of these God-fearing few.
Enoch, who walked with God, and who prophesied about the coming of the Lord to judge.
9. What happened to Enoch?
God took him to heaven without death when he was only 365 years old.
10. How fast did sin develop in the earth?
In 1500 years the world was ripe for judgment, and God announced the flood.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:4, 5