Judah in Captivity
1. How long was Judah in captivity?
For 70 years, as Jeremiah had foretold.
2. Did God’s people repent in captivity?
Yes, the elect remnant repented and mourned over the sad condition of Judah.
3. What did they miss most of all in captivity?
They longed for Jerusalem and the temple.
4. Did God care for His people in captivity?
Yes, the Lord preserved His people, and kept the holy line of David alive.
5. Can you give an example of this care of God?
Yes, God safely kept the faithful Daniel and his three friends.
6. How was this shown?
Daniel and his friends were exalted to be chief men in the kingdom of Babylon.
7. Were they ever in danger because they feared the Lord?
Yes, once the three friends were cast into the fiery furnace; and once Daniel was cast into the lion’s den; but the Lord delivered them.
8. What other prophet, besides Daniel, is of the time of the captivity?
The prophet Ezekiel.
9. How did Ezekiel comfort God’s people?
By telling them that God does not delight in the death of the wicked who repent.
10. When did the captivity end?
When Cyrus was king of Persia.
MEMORY PROJECT: Ezekiel 33:11