Judah — From Hezekiah to Captivity
1. What king brought a great reformation in Judah?
The God-fearing Hezekiah.
2. What did he do?
He opened the temple, broke down the idols, and even called the people to keep the Passover.
3. What great deliverance did the Lord give from the Assyrians?
When they besieged Jerusalem, the Lord sent His angel to destroy 185,000 of them.
4. What great prophet was in Judah in Hezekiah’s time?
Isaiah, who was sent to warn the wicked and to comfort God’s people.
5. What did Isaiah foretell?
He told Hezekiah of the captivity of Judah in Babylon.
6. Who followed Hezekiah as king?
Manasseh, who was very wicked, but who repented in captivity.
7. What did king Josiah do while still young?
He sought the Lord, took away the idols, and taught Judah God’s law.
8. What prophet lived from the time of Josiah to the captivity?
Jeremiah, who warned against Judah’s sins, and called for repentance.
9. Did the kings and people of Judah listen to Jeremiah?
No, and because of their sins they were finally taken captive to Babylon.
10. What is the date when Jerusalem was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar?
Memorize the kings of Judah from Hezekiah to Zedekiah, as follows:
Hezekiah, Manasseh, Amon, Josiah, Jehoahaz, Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin, Zedekiah