The Beginning of Sin
1. Which two special trees did God place in Paradise?
The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
2. Might Adam and Eve eat of the tree of life?
Yes, and its fruit would make them live forever.
3. Might they eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
No, for God commanded them not to eat of it.
4. Who tempted Eve to disobey God and eat of the tree?
The devil, speaking through the serpent.
5. How did the devil lie to Eve?
Satan said, “Ye shall not surely die.”
6. Did Eve believe the devil’s lie?
Yes, she ate of the fruit, and also tempted Adam to eat.
7. Did God punish Adam and Eve?
Yes, they lost God’s friendship, and the curse of death came upon them and their children.
8. What happened to the earth because of their sin?
The earth was cursed for man’s sake.
9. Did God let Adam and Eve eat of the tree of life after this?
No, God sent them out of the garden, and away from the tree of life.
10. But would they never again be blessed by God?
Yes, but only because God promised a Savior to save His people from their sin.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:1-3