Israel — From Jeroboam to Ahab
1. From what sin did Israel never depart in its history?
From “the sin of Jeroboam, the son of Nebat,” who taught them to worship the golden calves.
2. Did any of Israel’s kings serve the Lord?
No, they were all wicked, even worse than Jeroboam.
3. Were all Israel’s kings from the house of Jeroboam?
No, time and again the Lord took the kingdom from one king and gave it to another.
4. What does the Bible say of Omri, the sixth king?
That he was worse than all that were before him.
5. Who became king after Omri?
His son Ahab, who was even more wicked.
6. What was Ahab’s wickedness?
With his heathen wife Jezebel, he taught Israel to worship Baal.
7. What else did Ahab and Jezebel do?
They persecuted and killed the prophets of the Lord.
8. Through what prophet did the Lord show that He, not Baal is God?
Through Elijah, who announced to Ahab that it would not rain until Elijah prayed for it.
9. When did it rain again?
After three and a half years, when Israel confessed at Mount Carmel that the Lord is God.
10. Did the Lord have His people in Israel even in Ahab’s time?
Yes, God told Elijah that there were seven thousand who had not bowed the knee to Baal.
Memorize the names of the kings of Israel from Jeroboam to Jehoram, as follows:
Jeroboam, Nadab, Baasha, Elah, Zimri, Omri, Ahab, Ahaziah, Jehoram
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:38-40