1. Who became king at David’s death?
His son Solomon, who reigned about 1000 B.C.
2. Was Solomon a God-fearing king?
Yes, he loved the Lord, and walked in the statutes of David.
3. What did he ask of the Lord?
When the Lord appeared to him in a dream, Solomon asked for wisdom to rule God’s people.
4. What did the Lord give Solomon?
Great wisdom, and riches and honor besides.
5. Who came to visit Solomon?
The Queen of Sheba, who came to hear his wisdom and see his glory.
6. In what books of the Bible do we find much of the wisdom God gave Solomon?
In the books called Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon.
7. Did Solomon fight many wars, as David had?
No, in his days there was peace and prosperity.
8. Did Solomon build the temple, as God had told David?
Yes, Solomon built a beautiful and rich temple at Jerusalem.
9. Who turned Solomon’s heart away from the Lord?
His many heathen wives, for whose idols he even built temples.
10. What did the Lord tell Solomon because of his sin?
That all the tribes except Judah would be taken away from the house of David, and given to Jeroboam.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:34, 35