Forty Years in the Wilderness
1. How did the Lord lead Israel in the desert?
By a pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day.
2. How did the Lord feed Israel?
With manna from heaven, and with water from the rock.
3. Was Israel satisfied in the wilderness?
No, most of them were rebellious, and time and again murmured against Moses and against the Lord.
4. Where did the Lord bring them first?
To Mount Sinai, where God gave the Ten Commandments, many other laws, and the plan for the tabernacle.
5. What grievous sin did Israel commit while Moses was on Mt. Sinai?
Israel made and worshipped the golden calf.
6. Where did the Lord bring Israel from Sinai?
To Kadesh Barnea, where twelve men were sent to spy out the land of Canaan.
7. What report did the spies bring?
They all brought an evil report except Joshua and Caleb, who believed that the Lord would give them the land.
8. To whose report did the people listen?
They listened to the evil report of the ten, that Canaan was much too strong for them to take.
9. What was the punishment for this unbelief?
God made them wander in the wilderness forty years, till all above twenty, except Joshua and Caleb, had died.
10. How did the Lord once save Israel from the fiery serpents sent to punish them for murmuring?
God told Moses to make a brazen serpent, and all who looked on it were saved.
MEMORY PROJECT: Hebrews 11:20, 21