Second Tour of Galilee
Matthew 11-13; Luke 7, 8
1. What form of teaching did Jesus use at this time?
He taught in parables.
2. What are parables?
They are earthly happenings which picture to us the things of the kingdom of heaven.
3. Mention two of the first parables Jesus spoke.
The parables of the Sower and of the Tares and Wheat.
4. Why did Jesus speak judgments on the cities of Capernaum and Bethsaida?
Because He had performed many mighty works in these cities, and they did not believe.
5. Who came to Jesus while He was eating at the house of Simon the Pharisee?
A sinful woman who anointed Jesus’ feet.
6. Why did the sinful woman anoint Jesus’ feet.
To show her love because her sins had been forgiven.
7. What happened when Jesus and His disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee?
A great storm arose while Jesus was asleep in the boat.
8. How did Jesus show His power and authority?
He stilled the storm and then rebuked His disciples for their unbelief.
9. What miracle did Jesus perform on the other side of the sea?
Two men possessed of devils were healed, and the devils were allowed to enter a herd of swine. Matthew 8:28-32
10. Whom did Jesus raise from the dead in Capernaum?
The daughter of Jairus.
Memory Verse: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30