The Galilean Ministry
John 5; Matthew 5-10
1. Why did Jesus leave Galilee for a little while?
To keep a feast of the Jews in Jerusalem. John 5
2. What did Jesus do at the pool of Bethesda in Jerusalem?
He healed a lame man on the Sabbath day.
3. How did this miracle affect the Jews?
They became angry and accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath.
4. Was it true that Jesus had broken the Sabbath?
No, because He did good on the Sabbath.
5. What great sermon did the Lord preach when He returned to Galilee?
The sermon on the mount. Matthew 5-7
6. What was the main subject of this sermon?
The kingdom of heaven and the blessedness of its citizens.
7. Whom did Jesus heal in Capernaum a short time later?
The servant of a centurion who revealed great faith.
8. What great miracle did Jesus perform at Nain two days after this?
He raised from the dead the son of a widow.
9. Who came to Jesus about this time?
Two of the disciples of John the Baptist who asked Him whether He was the Christ.
10. How was John the Baptist put to death?
He was beheaded by Herod Antipas. Matthew 14:3-12
Memory Verse: Learn the beatitudes found in Matthew 5:3-9.