In Samaria and Galilee
John 4; Luke 4:16 – 5:11
1. Why did Jesus pass through Samaria on the way to Galilee?
To talk with a Samaritan woman at Jacob’s well.
2. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman?
He told her that He was the promised Messiah.
3. Did Jesus also preach to other Samaritans?
Yes, many came to hear Him and believed that He was the Christ.
4. Was Jesus received in Galilee?
Yes, because many Galileans had seen His miracles in Jerusalem.
5. What miracle did Jesus perform in Cana of Galilee?
He healed a nobleman’s son who was sick at Capernaum.
6. What did Jesus teach in the synagogue of Nazareth?
The Lord taught from the Scriptures that He was indeed the Christ.
7. Did His own people believe Jesus?
No, they rejected Him and even tried to kill Him.
8. Where did Jesus go from Nazareth?
To Capernaum, where He preached and performed many miracles.
9. What did Jesus do at the Sea of Galilee?
He performed the wonderful miracle of the catch of many fishes.
10. What did Jesus do at the time of this miracle?
He called His disciples to leave their work and to follow Him.
Memory Verse: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” Luke 4:18, 19