The Beginning of Jesus’ Ministry
John 1:35 – 3:36
1. How long did Jesus’ public ministry last?
About three and a half years.
2. What was one of the first things that Jesus did?
He chose some of His disciples.
3. Who were some of those first disciples?
Andrew, John, Peter, Philip, and Nathanael.
4. What took place at a wedding in Cana?
Jesus performed His first miracle, in which He changed water into wine.
5. Where did the Lord go after this wedding?
He went to Capernaum for a few days and then to Jerusalem.
6. What did Jesus do in Jerusalem?
He drove from the temple those who were buying and selling animals.
7. What did Jesus tell those who asked Him for a sign of His authority to do this?
“Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” John 2:19
8. Who came to visit Jesus at night?
Nicodemus, a Pharisee and ruler of the Jews.
9. What did Jesus tell Nicodemus?
“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
10. Did John the Baptist complain when the people began to leave him to follow Jesus?
No, for he said, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30
Memory Verse: “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36