The Ministry of John the Baptist
Luke 3:1-20; Matthew 3:1-12
1. Where did John the Baptist labor?
In the wilderness near the Jordan River.
2. What did John eat and how was he dressed?
He ate locusts and honey and wore a coat of camel’s hair.
3. What was John’s work or calling?
He preached and baptized.
4. What did John preach?
He called the people to repentance, telling them that the kingdom of heaven was at hand.
5. Did many believe John’s preaching?
Yes, many believed and were baptized.
6. Who came to John to ask him who he was?
A delegation of priests and Levites from Jerusalem.
7. How did John point out the Christ on the following day?
He said, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world.” John 1:29
8. What did John urge his disciples to do?
To leave him and to follow Jesus.
9. What did Jesus later say about John the Baptist?
That John was the greatest of all the Old Testament prophets.
10. What did wicked Herod do when John reproved him for his sins?
He put John the Baptist in prison.
Memory Verse: “John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.” Luke 3:16