The Second Missionary Journey
1. Why did not Paul and Barnabas go together on the second missionary journey?
Because they could not agree about taking John Mark along with them.
2. Did Paul then go alone on this journey?
No, Paul took Silas with him while Barnabas took John Mark.
3. Whom else did Paul take with him from Lystra?
Timothy, who became a faithful helper.
4. What did Paul see in a vision at Troas?
A man saying, “Come over into Macedonia and help us.” Acts 16:9
5. What did this vision of Paul mean?
That the Holy Spirit called him to preach the gospel in Europe.
6. Who was the first convert in Philippi?
Lydia, whose heart the Lord had opened.
7. How were Paul and Silas persecuted at Philippi?
They were beaten and put in prison when they had cast out an evil spirit from a young girl.
8. What happened the night Paul and Silas were in prison?
While Paul and Silas sang praises to God, there was an earthquake, and the doors of the prison were opened.
9. What did the jailer ask of Paul and Silas?
“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” Acts 16:30
10. What answer did Paul give the Philippian jailer?
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.” Acts 16:31
Memory Verse: “Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” Matthew 5:10-12