The First Missionary Journey
1. What can be said about all of Paul’s missionary work?
Paul always preached first to the Jews and then to the Gentiles.
2. Who opposed Paul on the island of Cyprus?
Bar-jesus, a sorcerer, who was made blind.
3. How did Bar-jesus oppose Paul?
He tried to turn the deputy of the island from the faith.
4. Who left Paul and Barnabas when they came to Pamphylia?
John Mark, who went back to Jerusalem.
5. Was the work of these missionaries easy?
No, for they were often persecuted by wicked Jews.
6. Who believed the preaching of Paul and Barnabas?
“As many as were ordained to eternal life believed.” Acts 13:48
7. What did the people do at Lystra when Paul healed a lame man?
The people tried to worship the apostles as gods.
8. What did Paul and Barnabas do on their return to Antioch?
They visited all the churches which they had established.
9. What trouble arose in the churches between the Jewish and Gentile Christians?
There was trouble about questions of the law and circumcision.
10. What did the church decide about this matter in a meeting held in Jerusalem?
That the Gentile believers did not need to be circumcised.
Memory Verse: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28