The Church at Antioch
Acts 11, 12
1. Why is the church at Antioch important?
Because it became the center of later mission activity.
2. Who was sent to Antioch from the church at Jerusalem?
Barnabas, who labored there with much fruit.
3. How did Herod begin to persecute the church at this time?
He killed James and put Peter in prison.
4. Was Peter then also put to death?
No, the Lord delivered him from the prison.
5. How did God punish wicked Herod?
God sent an angel to kill Herod.
6. Why did the Lord punish Herod?
Because Herod let the people say that he was a god.
7. How did the church at Antioch help the believers in Judea?
They sent money to them during the time of famine.
8. What do we read about the church during this period?
It grew and multiplied through the Word of God.
9. Whom did Barnabas and Saul take with them from Jerusalem?
10. Who sent Paul and Barnabas on their first missionary journey?
The Holy Spirit, through the church at Antioch.
Memory Verse: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.“ I Peter 2:9