Jesus’ Birth and Early Childhood
Luke 2; Matthew 2
1. Who announced the birth of Jesus to Mary?
The angel Gabriel, who had also told of the birth of John the Baptist.
2. Who was Mary?
A virgin of the royal house of David.
3. Where was Jesus born?
In Bethlehem, the city of David.
4. Who were the first to hear of the birth of Jesus?
Shepherds who were watching their sheep in the fields of Bethlehem.
5. What sign did the angels give to these shepherds?
“Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” Luke 2:12
6. Where did Joseph and Mary take Jesus when He was forty days old?
To the temple to be presented to the Lord.
7. Whom did Joseph and Mary meet at the temple?
The aged Simeon, who prophesied and rejoiced in Christ’s birth.
8. Who came from the far east to see and worship Jesus?
Wise men who had seen His star and who asked king Herod where they could find the Christ.
9. What did Herod do when the wise men did not return to him after they had found Jesus?
He killed all the small children in Bethlehem.
10. At the age of twelve, where was Jesus found?
In the temple at Jerusalem, talking with the scribes, asking and answering hard questions.
Memory Verse: “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn….” (see your Bible) Luke 2:7-14