The Persecution of the Church
1. What followed upon the death of Stephen?
A great persecution against the church at Jerusalem.
2. What was the effect of this persecution upon the church?
The church was scattered throughout Judea and Samaria.
3. Who was sent to Samaria to preach the gospel?
Philip, the deacon and evangelist.
4. What happened when Philip was sent to Gaza by the Spirit?
An Ethiopian eunuch was instructed and baptized by Philip.
5. Why did Saul go to Damascus?
To persecute the believers there.
6. What happened while Saul was on the way to Damascus?
The risen and exalted Lord appeared to Saul.
7. Why did the Lord Jesus appear to Saul on the way to Damascus?
To call him as an apostle and missionary to the Gentiles.
8. What vision did the Lord give Peter at Joppa?
The vision of unclean animals.
9. What was the meaning of this vision of Peter?
That the gospel is for the Gentiles as well as for the Jews.
10. Why was this shown to Peter?
Because he had to go to Cornelius, a Gentile, in Caesarea, to preach the Word.
Memory Verse: “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God on this behalf.” I Peter 4:16