Troubles in the Early New Testament Church
1. How did sin become manifest in the New Testament church?
Ananias and Sapphira lied to the apostles and to God.
2. How were Ananias and Sapphira punished?
They fell dead at the feet of the apostles.
3. How did the Lord show His power through the apostles?
Even Peter’s shadow healed many sick.
4. How did the rulers react to the miracles of the apostles?
They became very angry and again put the apostles in prison.
5. How did the apostles escape from prison?
An angel of the Lord came and led them out.
6. What did the apostles say when commanded not to preach in Jesus’ name?
They told the rulers, “We ought to obey God rather than men.” Acts 5:29
7. What other trouble arose in the church?
Some of the poor Grecian widows were not cared for.
8. What office did the Lord provide for the care of the poor?
The office of deacon, to which seven men were appointed.
9. What later happened to Stephen, one of the deacons?
The wicked Jews accused him of blasphemy and stoned him to death.
10. Who watched while Stephen was being stoned?
Saul of Tarsus, who later became the apostle Paul.
Memory Verse: “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.” Psalm 34:7