The Early New Testament Church
Acts 3, 4
1. What can be said about the church immediately after Pentecost?
It continued in the apostles’ doctrine and grew rapidly.
2. How is this rapid growth of the church to be explained?
The Lord added daily unto the church such as should be saved.
3. What wonderful miracle took place at the gate of the temple?
The healing of a man who had been lame from his birth.
4. How was the lame man at the temple gate healed?
Peter said unto him, “In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6
5. How were the people affected by the miracle of the healing of the lame man?
They were filled with amazement and listened eagerly to Peter’s preaching.
6. How did Peter explain the miracle of the healing of the lame man?
That this miracle was performed by the power of the risen Lord.
7. What effect did Peter’s preaching have upon the rulers?
They became angry and put the apostles in prison.
8. What did Peter and John tell these rulers the next day?
That they could not stop preaching in the name of Jesus.
9. What did the apostles do when they were set free?
They reported to the church the things that had happened.
10. How did God answer the prayer of the church?
The place was shaken, and they were filled with the Holy Spirit. Acts 4:31
Memory Verse: “For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.” Acts 2:39