The Ascension and Pentecost
Acts 1, 2
1. What took place forty days after Jesus’ resurrection?
Jesus was taken up into heaven before the eyes of His disciples.
2. What promise was given the disciples when Jesus went up into heaven?
That Jesus would return as they had seen Him go up.
3. What did the disciples do after Jesus ascended into heaven?
They went to Jerusalem to wait for the gift of the Holy Spirit.
4. When was the Spirit given to the disciples?
On Pentecost, ten days after the ascension.
5. Upon how many was the Spirit poured out?
Upon one hundred and twenty believers who were gathered together in one place.
6. What did the disciples do when they had received the Holy Spirit?
They spoke in many languages of the wonderful works of God.
7. What did the wicked Jews say of the disciples when they heard them speak in tongues?
That the disciples were drunk.
8. What did Peter preach on Pentecost?
That the Spirit was poured out by the risen Lord, as spoken by the prophets.
9. How many believed Peter’s preaching?
About three thousand believed and were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
10. Mention the signs that accompanied the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost.
A sound as of a mighty rushing wind, cloven tongues as of fire, and the speaking in many tongues.
Memory Verse: “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions, and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.” Joel 2:28, 29