Matthew 28; John 20; Luke 24
1. What happened on the first day of the week?
Jesus arose from the dead, even as He had said.
2. What did the women who followed Jesus find when they came to the grave?
That the stone was rolled away, and the grave was empty.
3. Who told the women about the resurrection?
The angel who was sitting on the stone which he had rolled away from the tomb.
4. How did the rulers of the Jews deny the resurrection?
They said that the disciples had come by night and had stolen the body of Jesus.
5. To whom did Jesus first appear after the resurrection?
To Mary Magdalene at the tomb.
6. To whom did He appear a short time after this?
To a group of women who were returning from the grave.
7. To whom did the Lord appear later that same day?
To Peter and the two disciples traveling to Emmaus.
8. What did Thomas say when he heard about Jesus’ resurrection?
He said that he would not believe until he saw Jesus.
9. For how long a time did Jesus appear to His disciples after His resurrection?
For forty days.
10. Why did Jesus appear to His disciples during these forty days?
To teach His disciples many things about the kingdom of heaven.
Memory Verse: “But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” I Corinthians 15:20-22