Luke 23; John 19
1. How did Pilate show that he was a wicked judge?
Although he knew Jesus was innocent, he condemned Him to death.
2. What did Judas Iscariot do after he had betrayed Jesus?
He returned the money to the chief priests and went out and hanged himself. Matthew 27:3-10
3. Where was Jesus crucified?
On the hill of Golgotha, just outside of Jerusalem.
4. Why did Jesus have to die on the cross?
In order to save His people from their sins.
5. With whom was Jesus crucified?
With two malefactors, or thieves.
6. What did one of the malefactors say to Jesus?
“Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.” Luke 23:42
7. What did Jesus say to the penitent malefactor?
“Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” Luke 23:43
8. What did Jesus say before He died?
“Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” Luke 23:46
9. What took place the moment Jesus died on the cross?
The veil of the temple was rent, the earth quaked, and the graves of many were opened. Matthew 27:51-53
10. By whom was Jesus’ body buried?
By Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus.
Memory Verse: “But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.” Galatians 6:14