Jesus’ Arrest and Trial
Matthew 26, 27; John 18
1. What did Jesus do on Thursday of the Passion Week?
Jesus ate the last Passover with His disciples in an upper room.
2. What did Jesus do to His disciples in the upper room?
Jesus washed His disciples’ feet.
3. What did Jesus do after He had eaten the Passover with His disciples?
He sent Judas away and instituted the Lord’s Supper.
4. Where did Jesus go with His disciples from the upper room?
To the garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed while His disciples slept.
5. Who came to the garden of Gethsemane to capture Jesus?
Judas, with a large company from the rulers of the people.
6. Could the mob capture Jesus?
Not until Jesus willingly surrendered Himself.
7. What did the disciples do when Jesus was captured?
They forsook Him and fled.
8. Where did Jesus’ enemies take Him first?
To the rulers of the Jews to try Him.
9. What did Peter do during the trial of Jesus?
He denied his Lord three times.
10. Who finally sentenced Jesus to die?
Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor.
Memory Verse: “And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” Matthew 26:39