The Raising of Lazarus
John 11; Luke 11-17
1. Where did Jesus go after the Feast of Dedication?
To Perea, where many believed on Him. John 10:42
2. What message came to Jesus while He was in Perea?
He was told that His friend Lazarus was very sick.
3. Did the Lord go to Bethany to heal Lazarus?
No, He waited until Lazarus had died.
4. Why did Jesus wait until Lazarus had died?
To show His power by raising Lazarus from the dead.
5. What was the result of this great miracle?
Many believed, but the wicked rulers made plans to kill Jesus.
6. Where did the Lord go when the rulers planned to kill Him?
To the city of Ephraim, where He spent the last weeks of His ministry.
7. What did the Lord tell the rich young ruler who came to Him seeking eternal life?
“Go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor.” Matthew 19:21
8. What miracle did Jesus perform near Jericho?
He healed blind Bartimaeus.
9. Who climbed a tree in order to see Jesus?
Zacchaeus, a publican, to whose house Jesus brought salvation.
10. What did Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, do in Bethany?
She anointed Jesus with very costly ointment.
Memory Verse: “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” John 11:25, 26