Matthew 17; Luke 9; John 10
1. What did Jesus now begin to tell His disciples?
That He would suffer and die in Jerusalem and be raised again on the third day.
2. What did Peter say about Jesus when they were in Caesarea Philippi?
“Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
3. Where did Jesus go after Peter’s confession?
To a mountain with three of His disciples to pray.
4. What happened while Jesus was praying on the mountain?
He was transfigured in the presence of His disciples.
5. Who spoke with Jesus while He was transfigured?
Moses and Elijah, who talked with Jesus about His suffering and death.
6. About what did the disciples quarrel?
They argued about which of them would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
7. To which feast of the Jews did Jesus go about this time?
To the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem.
8. Why did the Pharisees become angry with Jesus at the Feast of Tabernacles?
Because He healed a blind man on the Sabbath day. John 9
9. What did Jesus teach concerning Himself?
That He is the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep.
10. What did He tell the unbelieving Jews?
“Ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep.” John 10:26
Memory Verse: “For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory. This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.” II Peter 1:17, 18