Birth of John the Baptist
1. Whom did God send to prepare the way for Christ?
John the Baptist.
2. Who were the parents of John the Baptist?
The God-fearing Zacharias and Elisabeth.
3. What does the Bible tell us about the birth of John?
He was not born until his parents were very old.
4. Why did God wait until Zacharias and Elisabeth were old?
To show that John’s birth was a wonder of grace.
5. How was the birth of John the Baptist announced?
The angel Gabriel told Zacharias in the temple.
6. What was Zacharias doing in the temple?
He was offering incense in the temple.
7. What sign did Zacharias receive because of his unbelief?
He was not able to speak of the wonderful things which the angel had told him.
8. Why did not Zacharias believe the message of the angel?
Because both he and his wife were very old.
9. Did God enable Zacharias to speak again?
Yes, when John was named, Zacharias prophesied.
10. What does it mean that John the Baptist was a Nazarite?
That from his birth he was separated unto God.
Memory Verse: “And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest; for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways, to give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins.” Luke 1:76, 77