LORD’S DAY 22
Q. 57. What comfort doth the “resurrection of the body” afford thee?
A. That not only my soul after this life shall be immediately taken up to Christ its Head;1 but also, that this my body, being raised by the power of Christ, shall be reunited with my soul, and made like unto the glorious body of Christ.2
- Luke 23:43; Phil. 1:23.
- 1 Cor. 15:53; Job 19:25, 26.
Q. 58. What comfort takest thou from the article of “life everlasting”?
A. That since I now feel in my heart the beginning of eternal joy,1 after this life I shall inherit perfect salvation,2 which eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man to conceive,3 and that, to praise God therein for ever.
- 2 Cor. 5:2, 3, 6; Rom. 14:17.
- Psa. 10:11.
- 1 Cor. 2:9.
LORD’S DAY 22
Resurrection and Life
1. What happens to us at the time of death?
The body is laid to rest in the grave, but the soul is immediately taken up to Christ its Head. Luke 23:43; Philippians 1:23.
2. What happens to the body while it is in the grave?
It returns to the dust from whence it came. Genesis 3:19; Job 19:26.
3. What do you believe concerning “the resurrection of the body”?
This my body shall be reunited with my soul and made like unto the glorious body of Christ. I Corinthians 15:53; Job 19:25-27.
4. But how is the resurrection of your body possible?
My body shall be raised by the power of Christ, who is the resurrection and the life. John 6:39, 40; 11:25, 26.
5. When will the resurrection of the body take place?
At the end of time, when Christ shall come again to take His people to be with Him in heaven. John 14:3; I Thessalonians 4:13-17.
6. What do you believe concerning “life everlasting”?
That I shall inherit perfect salvation in heaven to praise God therein forever. Psalm 16:9-11; Revelation 21:3, 4.
7. Do you experience life everlasting already in this life?
Yes, even now I feel in my heart the beginning of eternal joy. Romans 14:17.
8. How beautiful will heaven be?
So beautiful that, “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” I Corinthians 2:9.