LORD’S DAY 17
Q. 45. What doth the resurrection of Christ profit us?
A. First, by His resurrection He has overcome death, that He might make us partakers of that righteousness which He had purchased for us by His death;1 secondly, we are also by His power raised up to a new life;2 and lastly, the resurrection of Christ is a sure pledge of our blessed resurrection.3
- 1 Cor. 15:16.
- Rom. 6:4; Col. 3:1, &c.
- 1 Cor. 15; Rom. 8:11.
LORD’S DAY 17
1. What do we mean when we confess, “the third day He rose again from the dead”?
That Christ, three days after His death, became alive again and rose from the grave. Matthew 28:5-7.
2. Did Christ rise with the same body that was laid in the grave?
Yes, but it was changed into a glorious and heavenly body. John 20:19, 26; Philippians 3:20, 21.
3. How does the Bible prove that Christ rose from the dead?
By means of the empty grave and grave clothes, and by Jesus’ appearances to many witnesses. Matthew 28:6; John 20:6-8; I Corinthians 15:4-8.
4. What is the significance of Christ’s resurrection?
By His resurrection Christ has overcome death. Romans 6:9.
5. How does Christ’s resurrection profit us?
By overcoming death, Jesus has made us partakers of that righteousness which He had purchased for us by His death. Romans 4:25; 5:18.
6. Does Christ’s resurrection affect our spiritual life?
Yes, for we are also by His power raised up to a new life. Romans 6:4; Colossians 3:3, 4.
7. What is the relation between Christ’s resurrection and our resurrection at the end of time?
The resurrection of Christ is to us a sure pledge of our own blessed resurrection. I Corinthians 15; Romans 8:11.