1. What is the first work of God in time?
The creation of the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1
2. What does it mean to create?
To create is that act of God whereby God, by the word of His power, called into existence the things that were not as though they were. Hebrews 11:3; Jeremiah 10:12; John 1:1-3; Psalm 33:6
3. What did God create?
All things: the heaven, the firmament, the earth, and all creatures in heaven and on earth. Genesis 1
4. In how long a period did God create all things?
In six days, limited by evening and morning. Exodus 20:11
5. What did God create on the first three days?
Light, the firmament, the seas, the dry land, and the whole world of plants and trees. Genesis 1:1-13
6. What did God create on the last three days?
The heavenly bodies, fish and birds, animals and man.Genesis 1:14-31
7. What does it mean that God rested on the seventh day?
First, that He ceased from the work of creation; and secondly,that He rejoiced in all the work which He had done. Genesis 2:1-3
8. What does it mean that God saw all that He had made, and it was very good?
That all creation was perfectly adapted to the purpose for which He had created it. Revelation 4:11
9. What is God’s purpose in creation?
The glory of His name through the manifestation of His wonderful praises. Proverbs 16:4; Psalm 8:1; Revelation 4:11
10. How are we able to understand this work?
By faith, for: “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” Hebrews 11:3
1. What does the theory of evolution teach?
2. Prove from Scripture that this theory is wrong. Cf. Genesis 1;Exodus 20:11; Hebrews 11:3; Romans 4:17.
3. What does Hebrews 11:3 mean when it states that by faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God?
4. How do you explain the word “day” in the following passages:Genesis 1:14-19; 5:4; II Peter 3:8?