The End of This Age
1. What will take place when the Lord comes again?
The resurrection of the dead, the final judgment, and the renewal of all things.
2. Who shall be raised from the dead?
All who have died, the godly to the resurrection of life and the ungodly to the resurrection of eternal hell. John 5:28, 29
3. With what bodies will we be raised?
With a spiritual body raised in incorruption, glory, and power. I Corinthians 15:42, 43
4. Who shall stand in judgment?
All rational, moral creatures: men, angels, and devils. Matthew 25:32; I Corinthians 6:2, 3; II Corinthians 5:10; Revelation 20:12-15
5. What will be the punishment for the wicked?
Eternal suffering in hell in body and soul. Matthew 25:41, 46
6. What will be the reward for the people of God?
Everlasting life and glory in the presence of God in heavenly perfection. Revelation 21:3
7. Will there be difference of degree in punishment and reward?
Yes, for all shall be judged according to their works.Luke 19:17; I Corinthians 3:8
8. Will the present world be destroyed?
Yes, we expect a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness will dwell. II Peter 3:10-13
9. What is the blessedness of the new heaven and the new earth?
To dwell without sin in the blessedness of God’s everlasting covenant of grace. Revelation 21
1. Prove from John 5:28, 29 that all men shall be raised from the dead.
2. Does John 5:28, 29 say anything about the difference between the resurrection of the righteous and the wicked? What does it say?
3. Look up the passages under answers 3 and 4 above and prove from them that all men, angels, and devils shall be judged.
4. How does Luke 19:17-19 prove that there are degrees of reward and punishment?
5. What does Revelation 21:3, 4 say about the blessedness of the new heaven and the new earth?