The Second Coming of the Lord
1. How will this world come to an end?
By the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 1:7
2. When will the Lord come again?
The day and the hour we know not, but all things must first be fulfilled according to God’s counsel. Matthew 24:36; Mark 13:32
3. Do we know what things must first be fulfilled before the Lord will come?
We do in general, for God has revealed them to us in order that we may watch and pray. Matthew 24:42
4. How has God revealed these things to us?
He has told us in Scripture what are the signs of Christ’s coming.
5. Mention some of these signs that appear in creation.
Famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in many places.Matthew 24:7
6. Mention some signs that appear in the church.
The gospel must be preached to all the world; there will be terrible apostasy from the faith; and the church will be persecuted.Matthew 24:9-14, 16-23
7. Mention some signs that appear in the history of the world.
There will be terrible wickedness, and Antichrist shall reign over the whole world. II Thessalonians 2:7; Revelation 13
8. How will the Lord come?
He will come personally and in the body, visible to all, and with great power and glory. Matthew 24:30; I Thessalonians 4:16
9. What is the church’s calling while she waits for Christ’s return?
To watch and pray and to live in the hope of her final salvation.II Peter 3:13, 14
1. Read II Peter 3:7, 10-12 and explain what Scripture says about how this world will be destroyed.
2. What does II Thessalonians 2:8-12 say of the Wicked One? Who is he?
3. What does Matthew 24:29-31 say about the signs that immediately precede Christ’s coming?
4. What do the following texts teach concerning our walk as we wait for the Lord to come back:
a. Matthew 25:13
b. I Peter 1:13
c. II Peter 3:11, 12, 14, 15
5. What are Pre-millennialism, Post-millennialism, and A-millennialism?