1. What is the first fruit of God’s calling in the heart of the sinner?
The activity of saving faith in him.
2. What is saving faith?
It is a certain spiritual knowledge of and hearty confidence in God through Christ as the God of our salvation. I Peter 1:21
3. Is faith more than this?
Yes, it is also the means whereby we are engrafted into Christ and receive all His benefits. John 15:1-7
4. What is the spiritual knowledge of faith?
It is the knowledge that all that God has revealed in His Word istrue and that salvation in Christ is our possession. Lord’s Day 7
5. What is the confidence of faith?
It is complete reliance upon and trust in Christ as the fullness of all our salvation. Lord’s Day 7
6. Who works this faith in us?
The Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Christ. Ephesians 2:8-10
7. In whom does God work this faith?
Only in the elect. Romans 8:29, 30
8. Are there also imitations of true faith?
Yes, there are miraculous faith, historical faith, and temporary faith.
9. Can any of these save?
No, salvation is only by true faith in Christ Jesus.
1. Describe briefly what the following passages say about faith:
a. John 3:16
b. II Corinthians 5:7
c. Hebrews 11:1
d. Ephesians 2:8
2. What does James 2:14-26 say about the relation between faith andgood works?
3. What does Canons III/IV, 14 say about faith?
4. What do the Arminians teach concerning faith? See Canons III/IV, 14.Prove from Scripture that they are wrong.
5. Is it possible for anyone to accept Christ as his Savior?