The State of Exaltation
1. What is meant by the state of exaltation?
The state in which Christ in our flesh is exalted in highest glory in heaven. Romans 5:10
2. How many degrees do we distinguish in the state of exaltation?
Four: the resurrection, the ascension, the sitting at the right hand of God, and the return to judgment.
3. Did Christ rise with the same body which was laid in the grave?
Yes, but it was changed into a glorious and heavenly body.
4. Through whose power did Christ arise?
Through His own power as the eternal Son of God, but He was also raised by the Father. John 2:19; Romans 8:11
5. What is the significance of the resurrection of Christ?
It is the proof of our justification, the power of our spiritual resurrection, and a pledge of our final glory. Romans 4:25; 6:4, 5;I Thessalonians 4:14
6. How did Jesus ascend into heaven?
He ascended before the eyes of His disciples bodily and locally.Acts 1:9; Luke 24:51
7. What does it mean that Christ is seated at God’s right hand?
That in heaven He is exalted to the state of highest glory and power and has a name above all names. Hebrews 1:3;Ephesians 1:20-22
8. What does Christ do in heaven?
He prepares a place for all His people, intercedes for them, and from heaven blesses them with all the blessings of salvation.Ephesians 1:3; John 14:2; Hebrews 9:24
9. What else does Christ do in heaven?
He rules over all, so that He may come again to establish forever the kingdom of God. I Corinthians 15:24-28
10. When will Christ return?
When all things are finished according to the counsel of God.
1. List the different appearances of Christ recorded in Scripture.
2. Look up the passages under question and answer 5 above and show how the texts prove the answer.
3. What does Philippians 2:9-11 tell of Christ’s exaltation?
4. Look up the texts under question 8 and explain how they prove the answer.