Jesus Heals on the Sabbath Day
1. Why did Jesus leave Galilee?
To keep a feast at Jerusalem.
2. Where did Jesus go on the Sabbath day?
He went to the pool of Bethesda.
3. What did He find at the pool?
Many sick people waiting at the pool.
4. For what were they waiting?
For an angel to come and stir the water.
5. What happened when the water was stirred?
The first one in the pool was healed of his sickness.
6. To whom did Jesus speak at the pool?
To a lame man who had no one to help him into the water.
7. What did Jesus tell the lame man to do?
Jesus told him to take up his bed and walk.
8. Did the Jews believe in Jesus when they saw this man was healed?
No, they were angry with Jesus.
9. Why were the Jews angry?
Because He healed the man on the Sabbath day.
“Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath.” Mark 2:28