The Church Spreads Outside of Jerusalem
1. Who was Stephen?
A deacon in the church.
2. How did Stephen suffer for the name of Jesus?
He was stoned to death by the Jews.
3. Where did the Spirit send Philip?
To meet a man from Ethiopia who was reading Isaiah.
4. What did Philip explain to him?
That Isaiah was speaking of the suffering of Jesus.
5. Was the man glad to hear about Jesus?
Yes, he believed and was baptized.
6. What vision did Peter see?
A vision of animals let down in a sheet.
7. What did the voice from heaven tell Peter to do?
“Arise, Peter, kill and eat.”
8. What did the vision mean for Peter?
That he must preach to Cornelius, who was a Gentile.
9. What happened when Peter preached to Cornelius?
Cornelius and his whole house believed.
“What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.” Acts 10:15