The Lame Man Healed in the Temple
1. Whom did Peter and John meet at the gate of the temple?
A beggar who was lame for forty years.
2. What did Peter say to the beggar?
“In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
3. Could the beggar do this at the word of Peter?
Yes, he leaped about, praising God.
4. What did the rulers of the Jews do to Peter and John because they preached about Jesus?
They put them into prison.
5. What did the rulers of the Jews command Peter and John?
They commanded them not to speak in the name of Jesus.
6. What was the answer of Peter and John?
That they could not help but preach about Jesus.
7. What happened when all the apostles were put into prison?
An angel opened the prison doors and brought them out.
8. Where did the rulers find the apostles the next morning?
In the temple teaching the people.
9. How did the apostles suffer for Christ’s sake?
They were beaten before they were let go.
“We ought to obey God rather than men.” Acts 5:29