John the Baptist
1. Who was the forerunner of Jesus?
John the Baptist.
2. Who were John’s parents?
Zacharias and Elisabeth.
3. Who told Zacharias that John would be born?
The angel Gabriel.
4. What was Zacharias doing when the angel came to him?
He was offering incense in the temple.
5. Did Zacharias believe the angel?
No, for both he and Elisabeth were very old.
6. What happened to him because he did not believe?
He became deaf and dumb.
7. How long did Zacharias remain dumb?
Until John was born.
8. What did Zacharias do when he could speak again?
He praised God for the coming of the Savior.
9. Why was John called the Baptist?
Because he preached and baptized.
“Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me.” Malachi 3:1