Elijah On Carmel
I Kings 18
1. When did the famine end?
When God sent Elijah to Ahab.
2. What did Elijah tell Ahab to do?
To bring all Israel to Mount Carmel.
3. Who else came to Mount Carmel?
450 prophets of Baal.
4. What did Elijah tell them to make?
An altar to Baal.
5. Might the prophets put fire on the altar?
No, they had to ask Baal to do that.
6. Could Baal send fire?
No, for he was only an idol.
7. What happened when Eliiah prayed?
God sent fire from heaven upon his altar.
8. What did the people shout when they saw this?
“The Lord, He is the God.”
9. What did Elijah do to the prophets of Baal?
He killed all of them.
10. Did God send rain?
Yes, after Elijah prayed for it.
“I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me.” Isaiah 45:5