Rehoboam, King of Judah
I Kings 12-14
1. Who became king after Solomon?
His son, Rehoboam.
2. What did the people ask Rehoboam to do?
They asked him to lower their taxes.
3. Did Rehoboam do as the people asked?
No, he answered them roughly.
4. How did the people rebel against Rehoboam?
Ten tribes made Jeroboam their king.
5. Was this right for the people to do?
No, God had made Rehoboam their king.
6. What were the ten tribes called?
The kingdom of Israel.
7. How many tribes stayed with Rehoboam?
Two, Judah and Benjamin.
8. What were the two tribes called?
The kingdom of Judah.
9. Did Rehoboam serve God always?
No, he and the people turned away from the Lord.
10. How did God punish him?
God sent the king of Egypt against him.
“Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.” Psalm 33:22