The Return from Babylon
1. How long did the Jews stay in Babylon?
About 70 years.
2. How did they return?
The Lord told King Cyrus to send them back.
3. How many returned to Jerusalem?
About fifty thousand people.
4. What was the first thing the people did?
They began to build the temple.
5. Were the people happy when they could use the temple again?
Yes, but some wept.
6. Why did some weep?
Because the temple of Solomon was far more beautiful.
7. Who troubled the Jews?
The wicked Samaritans.
8. How did they trouble the Jews?
They tried to stop the work on the temple.
9. Was the temple finished?
It was finished only after 21 years.
“The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.” Psalm 126:3